Choosing the Best Crossbow Scopes in 2023
Crossbow scopes have revolutionized the way we hunt and shoot. With the right scope, you can greatly enhance your accuracy and precision, making it easier to hit your targets with ease. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which scope is best suited to your needs. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top crossbow scopes of 2023, examining their features, benefits, and drawbacks.
Crossbow Scope Top Picks
- Hawke Sport Optics 1.5-5×32 IR Crossbow Scope
- TenPoint Rangemaster Pro Scope
- Vortex Optics Crossfire II Crossbow Scope
- Bear Archery X Speed
- Ravin R170
Rangefinding Crossbow Scopes
Hawke Sport Optics 1.5-5×32 IR Crossbow Scope
- Objective Lens: 32mm
- Reticle: XB1 SR
- Parallax: Fixed
- Magnification: 1.5 – 5x
- Optical System: System H2
- Scope Tube: 1 Inch
- Illumination: 5 Levels – Red/Green
- Field of View: 75 – 22.5ft @100yds
- Field of View: 14.3 – 4.3°
- Eye Relief: 3in
- PX/Focus: 50
- Turret Caps: YES
- Click Value: 1⁄ 2MOA
- Elevation Turret Clicks (max): 120 MOA
- Windage Turret Clicks (max): 120 MOA
- Exit Pupil: 0.84 – 0.25″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Power Selector: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
- Focal Plane: SFP (Second Focal Plane)
- Length: 8.3″
- Weight: 13oz
- No-Fault Lifetime Warranty
The Hawke Sport Optics 1.5-5×32 IR Crossbow Scope is a versatile scope that offers excellent performance at an affordable price. Its 1.5-5x magnification range allows you to zoom in on your target with ease, while its illuminated reticle makes it easy to aim in low light conditions. The scope is constructed from high-quality materials, ensuring it can withstand heavy use in tough conditions. However, the scope can be a bit heavy for some shooters.
TenPoint Rangemaster Pro Scope
- Tube Diameter: 30mm
- Length: 9.1″
- Eye Relief: 3″
- Weight: 1lb
- Click Value: Adjustable Elevation Turret (1 click = ½ MOA)
- Magnification: 2-7X (note: scope magnification dictated by arrow speed)
- Designed for Speeds: 380-505 FPS
- Scope Caps: Flip-Up
- Illumination: Red and Green
- Objective Diameter: 32mm
- Parallax: 50 yds
- Limited Lifetime Operational Warranty
The TenPoint Rangemaster Pro Scope is a top-of-the-line scope that offers exceptional accuracy and precision. Its 1.5-5x magnification range allows you to zoom in on your target with ease, while its multi-coated lens provides a clear view of your target even in low light conditions. The scope is constructed from high-quality materials, ensuring it can withstand heavy use in tough conditions. However, the scope’s price may be a bit too high for some.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II Crossbow Scope
- Magnification: 2-7x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm
- Turret Style: Low Capped
- Tube Size: 30mm
- Adjustment Graduation: ½ MOA
- Parallax: Fixed @75 yds
- Max Windage Adjustment: 160 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 160 MOA
- Travel Per Rotation: 30 MOA
- Field of View: 57.5’ – 16.4’ @ 100 yards
- Eye Relief: 2.7 in
- Length: 9.5″
- Weight: 14oz
- Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II Crossbow Scope is a versatile scope that provides excellent performance at an affordable price. Its 2-7x magnification range allows you to zoom in on your target with ease, while its multi-coated lens provides a clear view of your target even in low light conditions. The scope is constructed from high-quality materials, ensuring it can withstand heavy use in tough conditions. One of the main advantages of this scope is its versatility, as it can be used for hunting, target shooting, or tactical applications. However, eye relief can be a bit finicky.
Bear Archery X Speed
- Length: 8.5″
- Illuminated 9 Position 20-100-yard Reticle
- Speed Adjustments From 205 to 430 FPS
- 1-5 x 24 Zoom Range
- 30 mm Optical Magnification System
- Multi-Coated, Ultra-Clear Glass
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Bear X Speed Crossbow Scope is compatible with any crossbow with speed adjustments from 205 to 430 fps. You will clearly see your target with multi-coated, ultra-clear glass and 1-5 x 24 x 30mm magnification. The illuminated 9-position 20-100 yard reticle adds to the versatility of this scope.
- Length: 8.75″
- Weight: 30oz
- Magnification: 1.5 – 5x
- Range: 20-100yds
- Reticle: Etched Glass
- FPS Adjustment
- Red & Green Illumination
- Flip Up Protective Lens Caps
- Fog & Waterproof
- Shock & Recoil Proof
- 7/8in Mounting Rings
- Warranty: Five-Year Non-Transferable Limited Warranty
A scope built to meet the long distance performance and precision of a Ravin Crossbow, the Ravin R170 Illuminated Crossbow Scope is built to help crossbow hunters consistently achieve 3-inch groups at the length of a football field. This high performance scope zeroes in on targets between 20-100 yards with aiming points every 10 yards for precision targeting. The R170 also adjusts to the FPS speed of the crossbow, showing the proper targeting range. The choice of red or green illumination in the scope lets hunters adjust to their hunting situation or match personal preferences. Fully-coated lenses ensure optimal clarity in all conditions and the scope features shock-, recoil-, fog-, and waterproof construction.
Rangefinding Crossbow Scope
Garmin Xero X1i
- Length: 6.2″
- Weight: 1.92 lbs
- Multi-Color: Yes
- Objective Diameter: 1.2″
- Magnification: 3.5x
- Field of View: 5 degrees
- Eye Relief: 2.4″
- Range to Game Targets: 250 yds
- Range to Reflective Targets: 500+ yds
- Battery Life: 1 yr
- Battery Type: 2 AAA lithium batteries (included)
- Operating Temp: -20 C to 60 C (-4 F to 140 F)
- Water Rating: IPX7, Nitrogen filled
- AutoCal: Bow speeds up to 650 FPS, out to 80 yds (73 m)
- Laser Locate: yes (with compatible Garmin wearables and handhelds)
- Aiming accuracy: 1/2 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
- Interface: microUSB
- Electric Level
- Angle Compensated Distance
- Flight Apex
- Auto Brightness
- Steady Aim
- Configurable Aim Point Shapes
- Dual Range Triggers
- Shot Counter
- Integrated Mount
- Roll At Shot
- Impulse Duration
- Auto Color option
The Xero X1i crossbow scope with built-in laser range finder is the first of its kind. This auto-ranging digital scope with 3.5X magnification automatically measures distance to a target. A single button press lets you range game up to 250 yards away and reflective targets up to 500 yards away. Precise illuminated aim points automatically adjust brightness to conditions and allow you to see your target, unobstructed by reticle patterns.
Based on your bow’s speed, Xero X1i can automatically calibrate all aim points out to 80 yards, allowing for quick and easy setup. The Laser Locate waypoint projection feature works with compatible Garmin devices to show you exactly where the target was located when the shot or range was taken, so you can better track game or find bolts. Create custom bolt profiles with unique aim point stacks for each setup. Target Lock and Steady Shot features assist with ranging and aiming performance to help improve accuracy.
Burris Oracle X
- Length: 11.9”
- Width: 2.95”
- Height: 3.28”
- Center to Base Height : 2.0”
- Field of View: Low – 47ft @ 100 yd / High – 14ft @ 100yd
- Magnification: 2-7X Variable Zoom
- Wireless Remote
- Integrated Inclinometer
- Electronic Bubble Level to reduce unwanted cant
- Precise Aluminum mount / Adjustment System
- Locking Screws
- Battery Life: 3000+ activations
- Minimum range: 5 yds
- Modern, Lightweight Design
- Forever Warranty
The Oracle X is one of the most advanced rangefinding crossbow scopes on the market today. The Oracle X features a built-in laser rangefinder that is activated via the wireless remote or the range button on the scope. At the push of a button, the Oracle X instantly displays the distance to your target and provides an exact aiming point factoring in the angle of your shot. The aiming point will also change to stay accurate not matter where you are within the 2-7 power zoom range. The Oracle X is lightweight and robust enough to weather any conditions and is backed by the Burris Forever Warranty.
Points to Consider in Crossbow Scopes
If you are in the market for a crossbow scope, there are several points to consider before making your purchase. Here are some of the most important factors to keep in mind:
- Magnification Range: The magnification range of a crossbow scope determines how much you can zoom in on your target. A higher magnification range may be beneficial for long-range shooting, while a lower magnification range may be more suitable for close-range shooting and low-light conditions. Considering that all reasonable crossbow shots will be within 100 yards, I would lean towards a scope that offers a wide range of magnification, but make sure that magnification is offered on the lower end of the spectrum for typical hunting shots.
- Reticle: The reticle is the crosshairs that you see when you look through the scope. Some reticles are illuminated, which can make them easier to see in low-light conditions. Some reticles also have range-finding capabilities, allowing you to estimate the distance to your target. Choose a reticle that allows you to compensate for different ranges.
- Lens Coating: Lens coating can greatly impact the clarity of the image you see through the scope. A multi-coated lens can provide a clearer and brighter image, even in low-light conditions.
- Eye Relief: Eye relief refers to the distance between your eye and the scope. A longer eye relief can make it more comfortable to use the scope for extended periods, while a shorter eye relief may be more suitable for compact scopes.
- Durability: Crossbow scopes need to be able to withstand heavy use in tough conditions. Look for scopes that are constructed from high-quality materials and have a reputation for durability or a rock-solid warranty.
- Price: Crossbow scopes can range in price from very affordable to quite expensive. In the world of optics, your money is well spent on glass, coatings, and service after the sale. Prioritize these areas over gimmicks that won’t make much difference for normal hunting ranges.
- Compatibility: Not all crossbow scopes are compatible with all crossbows. Make sure that the scope you choose is compatible with your specific crossbow model.
By considering these factors, you can choose a crossbow scope that meets your needs and enhances your shooting accuracy and precision.
What is the best magnification range for crossbow scopes?
The best magnification range for a crossbow scope depends on the intended use. For close-range shooting, a lower magnification range of 1.5-5x may be more suitable, while for long-range shooting, a higher magnification of up to 16x may be beneficial. Most hunting shots occur in lower light, which will require lower magnification for optical clarity. Prioritize scopes that offer magnification ranges that include the lower, 1-4X range.
Do all crossbow scopes have illuminated reticles?
No, not all crossbow scopes have illuminated reticles. Some scopes come with a standard crosshair reticle that is not illuminated, while others have an illuminated reticle that makes it easier to aim in low-light conditions. It is important to consider your shooting environment and lighting conditions when choosing a reticle.
Can any crossbow scope be used with any crossbow?
No, not all crossbow scopes are compatible with all crossbows. Crossbows have different mounting systems, and it is important to choose a scope that is compatible with your specific crossbow model. It is recommended to consult with the manufacturer or a professional before purchasing a crossbow scope to ensure compatibility.
Closing Thoughts on Crossbow Scopes
Choosing the right crossbow scope can greatly enhance your accuracy and precision, making it easier to hit your targets with ease. In this article, we have examined some of the top crossbow scopes of 2023, considering their features, benefits, and drawbacks. It is important to consider your shooting needs and environment when choosing a scope and to prioritize factors such as magnification range, reticle, lens coating, eye relief, durability, price, and compatibility with your specific crossbow model. By considering these factors, you can choose a crossbow scope that meets your needs and enhances your shooting experience.
Full Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links. There’s no extra charge to our readers for using these.