Ecosystem Based Management Of Bottomland Hardwoods
This is Huntin’ Land, the podcast for landowners and land hunters. If you like to stay up to date on hunting tactics, land management, land values, and land market dynamics, this is the podcast for you. On this episode, Joe and Clint talk with wetlands biologist, expert, researcher, and writer Jody Pagan. Jody goes through the intricate and fascinating world of bottomland hardwoods and the tools, team, and planning needed to manage this resource. Plus, he shares the best way to work with wetland specialists and researchers.
As a landowner, it is important to know what your land is worth. You may find yourself asking the questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.
Each week, on the Huntin’ Land Podcast, we will bring in various experts to help provide answers to the important questions landowners have.
Ecosystem Based Management of Bottomland Hardwoods
Which Feature are the Characteristics of a Bottomland Hardwood Forest?
- Floodplain Forest Definition
- Does it have to be in a floodplain?
- Bottomland Hardwood Wetlands
- How often must it flood?
- Are they always wetlands?
- Floodplain Forest Characteristics
- What makes them special?
- Bottomland hardwood forest animals and plant species
- Are bottomland hardwood forests increasing or decreasing?
How Can We Set Management Objectives and Create a Forest Management Plan?
- Experience in working with landowners who want multiple resource management.
- Maximum income to maximum income to maximum wildlife habitat continuum
- What can we do in an unmanaged stand to bring it into active management?
- Who should be on our management team?
What are some pitfalls to watch out for?
How do we choose what type of regeneration method is “best”?
- Even aged/uneven aged/etc.
What are some Frequently Asked Questions or Misconceptions you see from Landowners?
This week’s show has been brought to you by Joe Baya and Clint Flowers, members of the top producing team at National Land Realty, the fastest growing and most innovative land brokerage in the nation. With hunting season right around the corner and interest rates at historic lows, now is a great time to be buying or selling land. If you want to learn more, shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 855-NLR-LAND.