How To Use Deer Scents With Matt Wade Of Code Blue Scents
This is Huntin’ Land, the podcast for landowners and land hunters. If you like to stay up to date on hunting tactics, land management, land values, and land market dynamics, this is the podcast for you. On this episode, Joe and guest co-host Butch Thierry of the Alabama Saltwater Fishing Report will talk with Matt Wade of Code Blue Scents & Moultrie Attractants about how to use deer scents. Matt will discuss the most common scents and best cover scents for deer pre-rut and during the rut. Plus, what are the best practices and methods for scents in the field for better success.
As a landowner, it is important to know what your land is worth. You may find yourself asking the questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.
Each week, on the Huntin’ Land Podcast, we will bring in various experts to help provide answers to the important questions landowners have.
How to Use Deer Scents with Matt Wade Product Manager – Code Blue Scents & Moultrie Attractants
What are the Most Common Deer Scents?
- cover scents
- deer scent attractants
Best Cover Scents for Deer Hunters
- what is a cover scent trying to accomplish?
- where should we put cover scents?
Best Deer Scent Attractants for Pre Rut
- What do you feel is the best deer scent attractant for pre rut and why?
- What is the best deer scent for mock scrapes?
- Where should we put deer scent during the pre-rut and why?
Best Deer Scent Attractants for Rut
- When a buck is tending an estrous doe. He is moving less, staying close to her at all times.
- What do you find is the best deer scent attractant during this period?
- Is it realistic to think you can pull a buck off a does during peak breeding? if so, what scent would you use and why?
- Where should we dispense scent during the rut and why?
Best Deer Scent Attractants for Post Rut
- Once the peak breeding has occurred in your area, what scent do you feel is best and why.
- What picture are we trying to paint with deer scent during this time?
- What is the best method to dispense scent?
- wicks, drippers, drag rags, pouring on the ground, etc
- In these different phases, is the day of your hunt early enough to use deer scent attractants or does multiple days
of having scent in the field lead to better success?
This week’s show has been brought to you by Joe Baya and Clint Flowers, members of the top producing team at National Land Realty, the fastest growing and most innovative land brokerage in the nation. With hunting season right around the corner and interest rates at historic lows, now is a great time to be buying or selling land. If you want to learn more, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 855-NLR-LAND.
Tune in each week as we bring in various experts to help provide answers to important land owner questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland market worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.