Muzzleloader Hunting For Mature Bucks With Michael And Kathy Perry
This is Huntin’ Land, the podcast for landowners and land hunters. If you like to stay up to date on hunting tactics, land management, land values, and land market dynamics, this is the podcast for you. On this episode, we dive deep into the world of muzzleloader hunting for mature bucks. Joining us are Michael and Kathy Perry. Michael is the proud holder of the Alabama Whitetail State Record for the largest buck ever taken down using a muzzleloader. But that’s not his only claim to fame. He’s built a reputation by taking down record book whitetails on public land, especially in the South. Michael is also the author of the insightful “Deer Hunting Secrets to Taking Mature Bucks on Public Land.”
As a landowner, it is important to know what your land is worth. You may find yourself asking the questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.
Each week, on the Huntin’ Land Podcast, we will bring in various experts to help provide answers to the important questions landowners have.
Muzzleloader Hunting For Mature Bucks
- Introduction to Muzzleloader Hunting
- Why did Michael start muzzleloader hunting?
- Deer Hunting with a Muzzleloader – Tips for Success
- The phases of deer season and timing of muzzleloader seasons.
- The importance of pre-rut in determining hunting strategy.
- Changes in scouting and stand placement depending on the phases: the significance of pinch points and funnels.
- Special tips for scouting and stand placement on public land, including the role of trail cameras in Feb/March.
- Insights into why most of Michael’s hunts are successful in the mornings.
- Unpacking the uniqueness of hunting a mature buck.
- Gear and Equipment
- Challenges in tracking blood trails from a muzzleloader wound.
- Tips for tracking and recovering deer in rough terrains: the wait time and the utility of deer carts.
- A look at Michael’s preferred muzzleloaders: from Inline muzzleloaders known for their cleanliness, to models like CVA Optima Long Range, CVA Accura, and Wolf. Plus, the importance of nitride-coated and stainless features.
- Bullet, powder, and primer preferences: The role of Barnes Bullets, Pyrodex pellets, and Winchester Primers.
- Maintenance tips for muzzleloaders: from keeping the barrel covered to storing techniques.
- Must-have accessories for muzzleloader hunting.
- Muzzleloader Stories
- Mishaps in the field: Lessons learned from on-field challenges with a muzzleloader.
- The secret behind the hunting success of Michael’s inner circle.
- Observations on deer daylighting and yearly trends.
This week’s show has been brought to you by Joe Baya and Clint Flowers, members of the top producing team at National Land Realty, the fastest growing and most innovative land brokerage in the nation. With hunting season right around the corner and interest rates at historic lows, now is a great time to be buying or selling land. If you want to learn more, shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 855-NLR-LAND.
Tune in each week as we bring in various experts to help provide answers to important land owner questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland market worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.