No Till Food Plot Primer For 2023
This is Huntin’ Land, the podcast for landowners and land hunters. If you like to stay up to date on hunting tactics, land management, land values, and land market dynamics, this is the podcast for you. Tune in for a no till food plot primer, and make your farming experience both eco-friendly and economically viable with Paul Hollis of PH Outdoors.
As a landowner, it is important to know what your land is worth. You may find yourself asking the questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.
Each week, on the Huntin’ Land Podcast, we will bring in various experts to help provide answers to the important questions landowners have.
No Till Food Plot Primer For 2023
Why Plant a No-Till Food Plot?
Discover the ecological and economic advantages of opting for no-till methods.
- Reduced need for fertilizer over time.
- Tackling issues like soil erosion and compaction head-on.
Exploring No-Till Food Plot Planting Methods:
- Without a No-Till Drill:
- The basics: What equipment do you need?
- Step-by-step: Navigating the process of no-till planting.
- Potential pitfalls and common challenges of this method.
With a No-Till Drill:
- The game-changer: Why using a drill makes a difference.
- Cutting down on tractor time.
- Precise seed placement means less seed wastage.
- Lesser reliance on perfect planting timings and a reduced dependency on rainfall.
- Reduced need for herbicides.
Is a No-Till Drill a Worthwhile Investment?
- The Economic Side:
- Eliminate some costs altogether:
- Eventually Say goodbye to herbicide and fertilizer expenses.
- Achieve notable savings in other areas:
- Diesel (for tractors).
- Vehicle fuel (less back-and-forth travel to the property).
- Lower maintenance costs and wear and tear on tractors.
- Reduce seed costs.
- Value of time: Get more done in less time.
The Drill Dilemma:
- Have most drill buyers tried planting without one first?
- Tricky territories: Navigating common issues with no-till drills.
- Getting seed blends calibrated right.
- The ideal process and timeline to follow.
- The art and science of planting green in the fall.
What does the future hold for Genesis no-till drill owners?
This week’s show has been brought to you by Joe Baya and Clint Flowers, members of the top producing team at National Land Realty, the fastest growing and most innovative land brokerage in the nation. With hunting season right around the corner and interest rates at historic lows, now is a great time to be buying or selling land. If you want to learn more, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 855-NLR-LAND.
Tune in each week as we bring in various experts to help provide answers to important land owner questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland market worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.