Setting Up For Coyote Hunting At Night
This is Huntin’ Land, the podcast for landowners and land hunters. If you like to stay up to date on hunting tactics, land management, land values, and land market dynamics, this is the podcast for you. In this episode, Joe, Clint, and Butch talk about the best setups for hunting coyotes at night with Chuck Rubac. Chuck is a former Navy Seal Sniper, and for the last 20 years, he has professionally guided hunters in 6 countries and has been hunting coyotes since he was six years old. Chuck will explain finding coyotes, coyote hunting at night, camouflaging at night, the best coyote calls, and what firearm is the best for this hunting. Plus, get an in-depth look into the exceptional optics and night vision products from Photonis Defense.
As a landowner, it is important to know what your land is worth. You may find yourself asking the questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.
Each week, on the Huntin’ Land Podcast, we will bring in various experts to help provide answers to the important questions landowners have.
Setting Up for Coyote Hunting at Night
What do we need to do to first find coyotes?
- Is it a scenario of if you call they will come or do we need to find fresh sign?
What are the best areas?
- Open fields / shooting lanes / etc.
What about camouflaging ourselves?
- Is it important at night?
- What are some basics do’s and don’ts?
Better to be out in the open or in a blind?
- How to bring coyotes in close, how do you like to set up?
- How close do you want to get the coyote to you?
- What are some tips for guys hunting heavy cover areas?
- How important is scent?
- Will coyotes circle downwind like a deer coming to calls?
Coyote Calling Tips
- What is the “best” call for coyote hunting.
- Should we focus more on prey calls or coyote calls?
- Is there a time and place for both?
Best Coyote Gun
- What calibers do you like?
- Bolt or semi auto?
- Rifle or shotgun?
- How important is magnification?
- Would you rather be zoomed in or out?
- Do you prefer night vision or thermal? Or do each have their place?
You work with Photonis Night Vision Optics. Tell us why you chose Photonis and what you like about their optics.
This week’s show has been brought to you by Joe Baya and Clint Flowers, members of the top producing team at National Land Realty, the fastest growing and most innovative land brokerage in the nation. With hunting season right around the corner and interest rates at historic lows, now is a great time to be buying or selling land. If you want to learn more, shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 855-NLR-LAND.
Tune in each week as we bring in various experts to help provide answers to important land owner questions like, “how much is my land worth today,” “how much is my land worth per acre,” “how much is timberland worth,” “what is my farmland market worth,” “how much is agricultural land worth,” and other such questions. Many factors go in to determining the value of land and seeking out the wisdom of experts is a great place to find the answers to your questions.